Poker staking allows players to have other players invest in them in one or multiple tournaments. The player being staked shares any winnings made on their staking schedule with all the other players who invested in them. The payout is relative to the percentage of the stake bought.
There are various settings the players creating the stake has available:
Currently staking is only available for multi-table tournaments. In the future staking will also be available for Ring Games and Sit & Gos.
You can select one or more tournaments to stake. All tours will be bundled into a single stake where other players can invest in an entire schedule of tournaments.
To select multiple tournaments
ctrl + click the desired tournaments you want.
The player has the ability to sell 1 - 100% of their action. This percentage will include the sum amount of all the selected tours. So if a player selects 3 tours that total 80 chips in buyins if they sell 75% of their action then they will allow other players to buy up to 75% of their action (60 chips).
The portion that the player does not sell and keeps for themselves will be deducted from their account at the time of creation of the stake. So if the total amount of a stake is 80 chips and the player sells 75% of their action then the remaining 25% (20 chips) will be deducted upon creation. If the funds are not available then the stake will not be created.
Markup is a premium or margin that the player is able to include on top of the stake. If the player sets a 10% markup and an investor wants to buy 5 chips then the investor will be charged 10% of 5 chips (5 * 0.10 = 0.5) on top of their investment. So 5 chips will be charged 5.5 chips to invest. This extra 0.5 chips will be sent to the stake creator whether they win or lose.
The stake creator never pays a markup in their own stake. They can buy as many shares as they like without markup. Only other investors pay markup.
The funding requirement determines the minimum amount of funds needed for the stake to take place. There are a few things to consider here.
A 100% funding requirement means that the stake must be 100% funded in order for it to run. If the stake does not receive 100% funding then all players will be refunded their investments upon the start time of the stake and the stake will be canceled.
0% funding means that the stake will run regardless of any additional funds received. It is important to note that if a stake meets the funding requirement then any leftover amount will be deducted out of the stake creator's account upon the start of the event. If the funds are unable to be allocated then all players will be refunded and the stake will be canceled.
For example: If a players sets a funding requirement of 75% and the stake gets funded 80% then when the stake closes the additional 20% will be deducted from the stake creator in order to fund it 100%.
Conversely, if a player sets a funding requirement of 75% and the stake gets funded 70% when the stake closes then it will not meet the funding requirement. In this case since it did not meet the funding requirement the stake creator will not have any additional funds deducted from their account and everyone will be refunded and the stake will be canceled.
The min amount is the minimum amount a player can invest in the stake. The maximum amount is the maximum amount a player can invest in the stake.Filed under: Poker Staking